Drunken Pumpkin Soup
- Skill Level: Medium
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 hours
- Chill Time: No chill time
- Serving Size: ¾-1 cup/180-240 ml
- Yield: about 8 cups/2 L
- ½ cup/120 ml MagicalButter
- ½ cup/120 ml MagicalButter Coconut Oil
- 2 cups/475 ml fresh pumpkin, chopped
- 1½ cups/355 ml vegetable or chicken broth (3 cups/700 ml reduced to 1½ cups)
- 1 cup/240 ml heavy cream
- ¾ cup/180 ml Southern Tier Imperial PumpKing Ale
- ⅓ cup/80 ml bourbon of your choice
- ¼ cup/60 ml extra bourbon to add just before serving (optional)
- 1 medium-sized onion, diced
- ½ Granny Smith apple, peeled and diced (optional)
- 1 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon/5 ml turmeric
- 8-10 fresh sage leaves
- 1 fresh bay leaf
- Truffle popcorn
- Toasted pumpkin seeds
- Preheat your oven to 350°F/180°C.
- Place the diced pumpkin into a baking dish, drizzle it with coconut oil, salt, and pepper, and roast it for 30-40 minutes.
- In a large saucepan on medium heat, melt the MagicalButter.
- Once your MagicalButter is magically bubbling, sauté the onions, carrots, and sage for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from heat, and empty it into your MagicalButter machine with the rest of your ingredients, except the cream and bourbon.
- Press the Temperature button, and select 160°F/71°C; then press the 1 Hour/Oil button.
- When the cycle is finished, return the soup to the saucepan over low heat. Whisk in the bourbon, and cook the soup for 5 minutes.
- Add the cream, and simmer on low for 5 more minutes. Stir constantly—do not let it boil!
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Top your Drunken Pumpkin Soup with toasted pumpkin seeds and truffle popcorn. Add bourbon (optional), and stir. Remove from heat, serve, and enjoy!