Heady Bacon Mac & Cheese
- Skill Level: Easy
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 50 Minutes
- Chill Time: N/A
- Serving Size: 1/2 Cup
- Yield: 8 servings
- ¼ cup MagicalButter, plus 2 tablespoons
- 8 ounces macaroni
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and finely chopped
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated or shredded
- ½ cup cheese crackers
- 2½ tablespoons flour
- 2 jalapeños, chopped
- 1 pinch paprika
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook the macaroni according to the package directions, and strain it thoroughly.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the ¼ cup of MagicalButter.
- Stir in enough flour to make a roux. Add milk to the roux slowly, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the cheeses, and cook over low heat until they have melted and the sauce is thick and gooey.
- Add the chopped bacon and jalapeños, and stir.
- Put the macaroni in large casserole dish, and pour the cheese sauce over it. Stir well.
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons of MagicalButter. Crumble the cheese crackers, and cook the crumbs to a toasty brown.
- Spread the crumbs atop the macaroni and cheese, and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake your Heady Bacon Mac & Cheese for 30 minutes. Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes, serve, and enjoy!