As colorful as it is flavorful, this quinoa is a healthy alternative to your standard side dish.
View MB2e MagicalButter Machine
¼ cup MagicalButter
2 tablespoons Magical Olive Oil
- 2 ¾ cups Vegetable Broth (or chicken broth or water)
- 1 ½ cups Tricolor Quinoa uncooked
- ½ cup Carrots shredded
- ½ cup Red Bell Pepper diced
- ½ cup Onion finely chopped
- ½ cup Green Onion chopped
- ¼ cup Mango Purée
- 2 tablespoons Garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Parsley chopped
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Basil chopped
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Mint chopped
- 1 teaspoon Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1 teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Melt the MagicalButter in a large saucepan on medium-high heat. Add the onions bell pepper carrots and salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add the garlic and and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the broth and mango purée and mix to incorporate. Bring it to a boil.
- Once boiling add in the quinoa and stir. Cover the pot and reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 12-15 minutes or until all the liquid has been absorbed by the quinoa.
- In a large bowl mix together the Magical olive oil herbs salt and pepper. Add the quinoa and mix thoroughly.
- Serve and enjoy!