Biscuits and Gravy
4 tablespoons MagicalButter
- 1 pound Southern Sage Sausage
- 2 cups whole milk
- ½ cup half and half
- 3 tablespoons organic flour
- 2-3 garlic cloves minced
- 10 fresh sage leaves minced 1 tablespoon
- Black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
8 tablespoons MagicalButtercubed
- ¾ cup milk
- In a large saute pan over medium high heat add sausage and butter and cook for 5 minutes stirring regularly.
- Add onion and garlic and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Whisk in the flour salt and pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Slowly whisk in the milk and half and half and cook for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Stir in fresh sage and remove from heat and serve over some big beautiful biscuits.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl combine flour sugar baking powder and salt together.
- Cut butter into mixture until it begins to look like cornmeal.
- Make a well with flour mixture and slowly add milk into the middle.
- Knead the dough with your fingers and add milk when necessary.
- Roll out dough onto a lightly floured surface and roll out to desired thickness.
- Cut with small biscuit cutter.
- Butter bottom of skillet and place biscuits in pan.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown.