French Toast Roll Ups
- Trim the crusts from the bread.
- Using a rolling pin firmly flatten and elongate the bread slices.
- Place about 2 teaspoons of your chosen filling(s) an inch from one end of a bread slice and spread it out into a strip.
- Then roll the bread up toward that end into a cigar shape with the filling inside. Repeat with the other slices.
- In an 8-inch square baking dish whisk the eggs and milk until they’re well combined.
- In a separate baking dish mix the sugar with the cinnamon.
- In a skillet over medium heat melt the butter.
- Coat the roll-ups with egg mixture on all sides. Then place them in the skillet seam side down.
- Cook the roll-ups in batches turning them on all sides until they’re a delicious golden brown. Add butter to the pan as needed.
- Roll hot roll-ups in the cinnamon and sugar until they’re completely covered.
- Serve and enjoy your French Toast Roll-Ups with maple syrup for dunking.