Magical Mini Donuts
Candies & Desserts
1 Cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
View MB2e MagicalButter Machine
2 TBSP Magical coconut oil
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 TBSP MagicalButter coconut oil
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 Cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 Cup white sugar
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- 3/4 Cup low fat buttermilk
- 2 Eggs
2 tbsp MagicalButter Oil
- Baking spray to grease donut pan
- Donut baking pan
- Large piping bag fitted with a large round tip
- Melt chocolate chips and MB coconut oil in double boiler stirring often until glossy and smooth. Remove from heat.
- Dip each cooled mini donut into glaze allowing excess to drip off and place on wire rack with cookie sheet underneath as it may drip over edges.
- Allow to set for 30 minutes.
- Whisk together the powdered sugar MB coconut oil and food coloring in a bowl.
- Repeat in a couple different bowls to get various shades of color.
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Lightly grease mini donut pan with MagicalButter Oil.
- Add the flour sugar baking powder nutmeg cinnamon and sea salt to a large bowl and mix them together until they’re combined.
- In a separate bowl combine the buttermilk eggs and oil and mix.
- Dump the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Using MB silicon spatula fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until a batter begins to form and the flour begins to disappear. Do not over mix!
- Spoon the batter into the piping bag fitted with a large round tip.
- Pipe batter into each of the 12 greased donut cups in a circular motion filling half way.
- Bake the donuts at 420 degrees for about 7 minutes.
- When the donuts spring back to the touch remove them from the oven and tip them out of their tins.
- Glaze as soon as you’re able to handle the donuts; dip one side into glaze mixture and set them on a cooling rack to cool completely.