Apple Cider Chicken
2 tablespoons Magical Olive Oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound)
- 4 tablespoons Magical Butter
- 1 ½ cup hard apple cider
- ½ cup homemade chicken broth
- ¼ cup Magical Granny Smith Apple Butter
- 1 small onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons organic all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons pink Himalayan salt
- 2 teaspoons organic dried thyme
- 1-2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Take large saute pan and preheat on medium-high for 60-90 seconds.
- Add olive oil and let heat for another 60-90 seconds.
- With paper towels pat the chicken breast dry season with salt and pepper and place the chicken in the pan and cook for 4 minutes per side.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and put onto a plate to rest loosely cover with foil and set aside.
- Return the pan back to the heat and add butter onion garlic apple butter thyme and bay leaves stir thoroughly and cook for 6-7 minutes.
- Add the flour into the pan and cook for 2 minutes stirring constantly.
- Add the vinegar and chicken broth to deglaze the pan scraping up any browned bits stuck to the bottom of the pan with a spatula.
- Add the cider and the Apple Butter bring to a boil and let cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Return the chicken back into the pan add the hard cider stir bring to a boil cover and let simmer for 12-15 minutes.
- Add any salt and pepper if needed plate top with some extra sauce and serve.