Hearty Chili con Carne
- 2 lb 80/20 ground chuck
- 1 lb 90/10 ground sirloin
- 1 lb smoked sausage cooked chopped
4 Tbsp MagicalButter
- 1 large yellow onion finely chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers diced (w/seeds)
- 4 serrano peppers diced (w/seeds if you want it hot)
- 2 red bell pepper diced (remove center and seeds)
- 1 poblano pepper diced (w/seeds)
- 6 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 Chiles de Arbol
- 4 guajillo chile
- 2 japones chile
- 2 california chile
- Chicken stock (enough to cover chiles)
- Small can of chipotles in adobo sauce
- Small can of sun dried tomatoes
- 29 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp cumin
View MB2e MagicalButter Machine
2 Tbsp Magical Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp of Magical Apple Cider Vinegar
- ½ Tbsp red pepper
- 12 oz (1 can) Chocolate stout beer
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Deseed and stem the dried chilies. Heat them in enough chicken stock to cover the chilies and let them soak for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat up large pot to medium high heat. Add the MagicalButter and onion and let the onions caramelize.
- Add jalapeños serranos and poblano peppers to the pot. Cook for about 5 minutes until the onions start to turn translucent. Add the garlic about halfway through this step.
- Add the ground chuck and ground sirloin and cook until fully browned.
- Lower heat and return to the chilies.
- Remove chilies from the stock (discard stock it will be bitter) and place them in a blender along with the chipotles in adobo sauce. Puree and after everything is combined add in the sun dried tomatoes and puree again.
- Add a little bit of stout to help move everything around if needed.
- Puree until nice and smooth and then add to chili pot.
- Add the crushed tomatoes smoked sausage chili puree spices and everything else to the pot. Stir well.
- Cook at a low simmer for 2-4 hours. Once finished serve and enjoy!