Easy Pad Thai
about 1 cup
- Roasted peanuts
- Chopped cilantro
- Lime wedges
- 8 ounces pad thai noodles
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Asian fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1 Serrano or Fresno chili sliced thin
- 1 cup shallots sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons garlic cloves minced
- 1 pounds large shrimp shelled and deveined
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 4 scallions sliced thin
- Plate and top with peanuts cilantro and and serve with lime wedges.
- Put the noodles in a large bowl and cover with very hot water. Let soak for about 5 minutes or until they just soften.
- Drain the noodles thoroughly and set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together ¼ cup soy sauce fish sauce brown sugar chilies lime juice and zest.
- In a large nonstick pan on medium-high heat add 2 tablespoons of oil and heat for 90 seconds.
- Add the shallots and garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes stirring occasionally.