Farmer's Pie (Turkey or Chicken Shepherd's Pie)
½ cup/120 ml MagicalButter Coconut Oil
- 1½ pounds/680 g organic ground turkey or chicken 95-99% lean
- ½-¾ cup/120-180 ml white wine (of your preferred type for drinking)
- ½ cup/120 ml chicken broth (preferably homemade)
- ½ cup/120 ml frozen organic peas
- 2 tablespoons/30 ml worcestershire
- 1 teaspoon/5 ml fresh rosemary finely chopped
- 4-6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cloves garlic roasted and crushed
- 2 carrots peeled and diced
- 1 medium onion diced
- Pink Himalayan salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- In a large sauté pan on medium-high heat oil for 30 seconds. Add onions carrots salt and pepper. Sauté for 5 minutes stirring constantly.
- Add garlic thyme and rosemary. Sauté for 2 minutes stirring constantly.
- Add wine. Cook for 5 minutes continuing to stir; then add tomato paste Worcestershire and broth. Cook another 5 minutes stirring constantly.
- Add turkey and salt and pepper to taste. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the frozen peas; then pour the mixture into a baking pan and top with roasted garlic and rosemary potatoes. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove your Farmer’s Pie from the oven serve and enjoy!
This dish tastes fantastic topped with Giddy Guinness Gravy! (recipe found in Sauces and Toppings)