Filet Mignon Cordon Bleu
- In a bowl add 2 tablespoons of butter and boursin cheese and mix thoroughly and set aside.
- Place the filet on a cutting board and with a very sharp knife cut ¾-inch into the lengthwise.
- Begin to roll it out as you’re cutting until you have one ¾-inch flat steak.
- Salt and pepper both sides of the steak lay flat and evenly spread the butter/boursin mixture on the top.
- Lay 4 slices of prosciutto flat on the counter overlapping the edges to make a sheet.
- Place the cheese wedge in the middle of the prosciutto top with the sundried tomatoes and wrap the prosciutto completely around the cheese.
- Put the prosciutto wrapped cheese in the middle to the steak and tightly roll the steak around the cheese wedge.
- Lay out the rest of the prosciutto into a large sheet and place the rolled filet in the middle of the prosciutto sheet.
- Tightly roll and wrap the prosciutto around the steak wrap in plastic to hold its shape and set aside.
- Place a medium size saute pan over medium-high heat and let it heat up for 60-90 seconds.
- Add the butter and let melt completely.
- Remove the plastic wrap off of the filet and put it into the hot butter.
- Cook for 2 minutes and rotate until the prosciutto is browned and crispy all over. Then cook for 90 seconds on the ends and remove from the pan and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice into 2-inch thick pieces and serve.