Nori Crusted Salmon
- In a mortar and pestle break up nori sheets.
- Add paprika sesame seeds black peppercorns and salt grind.
- In a small sauté pan melt butter over medium heat.
- Add shallots and garlic.
- Sauté over medium heat for 1 minute until shallots and garlic soften and turn slightly brown.
- Add chili and nori spice mixture.
- Stir for 1-2 minutes to toast remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Heat oil and butter in a sauté pan.
- Season fillets with salt on all sides.
- Sear salmon skin side up.
- Turn and sear on other side approximately 2 minutes.
- Transfer salmon fillets to baking dish skin side down and pat Nori Crust on top of fillets.
- Bake in oven for 5-7 minutes until cooked through.