Nori Crusted Salmon
- 2 Nori sheets toasted
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 ½ TBSP Sesame seeds
- 1 tsp Black peppercorns
- 2 TBSP MagicalButter
- 1 Shallot minced
- 1 Clove garlic minced
- 1 Thai chili sliced
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 TBSP MagicalButter
- Four 5-6 oz Salmon fillets
- Nori Crust
- Salt to taste
- In a mortar and pestle break up nori sheets.
- Add paprika sesame seeds black peppercorns and salt grind.
- In a small sauté pan melt butter over medium heat.
- Add shallots and garlic.
- Sauté over medium heat for 1 minute until shallots and garlic soften and turn slightly brown.
- Add chili and nori spice mixture.
- Stir for 1-2 minutes to toast remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Heat oil and butter in a sauté pan.
- Season fillets with salt on all sides.
- Sear salmon skin side up.
- Turn and sear on other side approximately 2 minutes.
- Transfer salmon fillets to baking dish skin side down and pat Nori Crust on top of fillets.
- Bake in oven for 5-7 minutes until cooked through.