Shredded Steak Enchiladas
- 3 pounds Organic New York Strip Steak
- ¼ cup water
- 1 ½ cups beef broth
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 can of chopped green chile peppers 4 ounces
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce minced
- 1 jalapeno minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Adobo Seasoning
- 2 cups sour cream
- 3 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese divided
- 20 corn tortillas
- 1 large onion chopped
- Generously salt and pepper the steak on all sides.
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat add the steak to sear on all sides.
- Remove the steak place on a plate and set aside.
- Add onion and jalapeño pepper and cook for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute stirring constantly.
- Add flour green chili Chili powder adobo seasoning and chipotle and cook for 2 minutes stirring constantly.
- Add broth vinegar stir thoroughly add steak cover and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling reduce heat to low and simmer for 2 hours or until beef falls apart. Remove from heat shred the beef and leave it in the saucepan with all the juices and cool to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spread 4 tablespoons of sour cream down the center of each tortilla.
- Top with a generous amount of the steak mixture and roll up and place seam side down in baking dish.
- Repeat for each tortilla until you are out of filling.
- Top with Enchilada Sauce then sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese.
- Place in the middle of the oven and bake oven for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbling.