These quick and easy infused gumdrops are going to become your new go-to recipe.
1-2 tablespoons MBO/FECO
- 4 envelopes (¼ ounce each) Unflavored Gelatin
- ½ cup Cold Water
- 2 cups Sugar
- ¾ cup Water
- ½ teaspoon Flavoring (any variety)
- ½ teaspoon Tart & Sour Flavor Enhancer or citric acid (if using fruit flavors such as lime lemon orange cherry etc.)
- Gel or liquid food coloring (optional)
- Additional sugar for coating
- Spray a 9 x 9-inch pan with non-stick cooking spray and line it with parchment paper.
- Combine gelatin with ½ cup of cold water in a small bowl and set it aside for a few minutes to soften the gelatin.
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat combine the sugar and ¾ cup of water and bring it to a boil.
- Remove the pan from heat; then and add the flavoring Tart & Sour (if desired) and food coloring.
- Add the gelatin mixture to the hot syrup and stir it with a wire whisk until the gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Add in your MagicalButter Oil or MBO and make sure it fully incorporates.
- Stir in more food coloring if necessary to attain the desired hue.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Refrigerate overnight or for several hours until well chilled.
- Coat a large cutting board with sugar and turn out the chilled block of gelatin onto it. Use small cookie cutters to cut out shapes; or form gumdrops using a knife to slice the block into large strips and then into small squares.
- In a bowl containing sugar toss the gumdrops to coat them thoroughly.
- Transfer the gumdrops to a colander and shake off excess sugar.
- Place your Magical Gumdrops on a sheet of waxed paper and let them air-dry for a day or two to crystallize before storing them in an airtight container.
Add a pinch of granular citric acid to the coating sugar for extra sour power!