Christmas Tree Natural Gummies
Holiday and Seasonal
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed Ginger Juice
- ½ cup Water
- ½ cup Sugar
- 3 drops Douglas Fir Concentrate
- 1 Granny Smith Apples skin on seeded pureed
- ½ cup fresh Parsley blanched pureed
- 2 teaspoons Mint Extract
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 teaspoons Milk Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Xanthan gum
- 2 tablespoons Agar Agar Powder
- ½ teaspoon Citric Acid
- 1-2 drops Green Food Coloring (optional)
- Reduce your MagicalButter Tincture to an MBO (recipe on site).
- In a separate saucepan bring equal parts raw sugar and water to a boil to make a simple syrup.
- Add fresh ginger juice. To do this scrape off the ginger skin with a spoon run through a grater then squeeze to extract the juice.
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil add 2 teaspoons salt to boiling water. Drop parsley into the water for 20-30 seconds then put into an ice bath to complete the blanch technique.
- Put blanched parsley and granny smith apple into an emulsifier. Add 2 tabelspoons to ¼ cup of water to help achieve puree.
- Pour puree into ginger syrup stir. Add Douglas fir concentrate mint extract vanilla extract milk powder citric acid xanthan gum agar powder green food coloring and MBO. Gently stir until completely combined on low-medium heat about 10 minutes. (if there is any clumping with the milk powder simply puree the fully combined gummy formula on low speed before pouring them into the tray.)
- Pour your gummies into your desired Magical Gummy Tray and set in the fridge for 1 hour.
Christmas tree is made with real douglas fir concentrate and is brought out with the proper fruit and extracts; it resembles a strain of mint from outer space. The addition of sugar and milk powder cancel out the bitterness from the douglas fir extract and you are left with a unique sweet minty smooth pine flavor. Recipe by: Chef Jeff Nappe @ChefJeff19