Sage Sausage Holiday Stuffing
Holiday and Seasonal
½ cup MagicalButter
1 cup Cornbread Mix
12 ounces Stuffing Bread Cubes
16 ounces Italian Sausage
- 3-4 cups turkey or chicken stock (homemade if you can!)
- 3 ribs celery diced small
- 1 large onion diced small
- 1 large carrot diced small
- 1 sprig rosemary leaves finely chopped
- 10 sage leaves finely chopped
- 1 Granny Smith apple peeled and diced
- Pink Himalayan salt to taste
- Preheat your oven to 325°F.
- In a large sauté pan on medium heat cook the sausage for 5-7 minutes or until it begins to brown.
- Remove the sausage from the pan and drain the excess fat. Place the pan back on the heat.
- Add the coconut oil onions celery and salt and sauté for 7-10 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and sauté for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked sausage sage and rosemary and cook for another minute; then remove from heat.
- In a large bowl mix together the herbed sausage stuffing bread cubes and diced apple.
- Add the chicken stock and knead the stuffing with your hands until the bread is very moist.
- Season to taste with salt transfer to an ovenproof dish and bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Serve piping hot and enjoy!