Creamy Caramel Apples
Holiday and Seasonal
1/2 - 1 apple
- ½ cup/120 ml MagicalButter (plus 1 tablespoon/15 ml for the bottom of the apples when cooling)
- ¼ cup/60 ml MagicalButter vanilla tincture
- 1 cup/240 ml sugar
- ½ cup/120 ml brown sugar
- 4 ounces/120 ml heavy cream
- 2 ounces/60 ml light corn syrup
- 2 ounces/60 ml honey
- 1 tablespoon/15 ml pure vanilla extract
- 6 apples (red delicious or Granny Smith) washed and dried with stems pulled out
- Chopped toppings of your choice
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on a cookie sheet and butter the area where you will place the apples to cool off.
- Push the popsicle sticks into the apple tops where the stems were.
- Stir the MagicalButter vanilla tincture sugars cream corn syrup and honey in a large heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Insert a candy thermometer. Heat the mixture to 240ºF/115°C remove it from heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Once the caramel has reached the desired temperature pour it into a bowl. Dip the apples into the caramel as much or little as you prefer to achieve the desired coating thickness.
- Place your Creamy Caramel Apples on the buttered parchment paper and add your favorite toppings.
- Refrigerate them for 1-3 hours and enjoy!