Red Velvet Pancakes
Holiday and Seasonal
- ½ cup Magical Butter melted and divided in half 1
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup organic cane sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon red food color
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- In a small bowl combine milk egg and butter; whisk thoroughly.
- In another bowl combine flour cocoa powder sugar baking soda and salt; mix well.
- Add milk mixture and whisk together just until all of the ingredients are combined leaving the batter slightly lumpy.
- Heat your pan over medium heat for 60-90 seconds.
- Butter the pan then pour about ¼ cup batter into for each pancake.
- Cook for about 2 minutes or until edges set up and the top is bubbly.
- Carefully flip the pancake and cook for another 1-2 minutes to cook the pancake through.
- Repeat with rest of the batter.
- Dust the pancakes with powdered sugar and serve with your favorite syrups and toppings.