Red Pepper Bacon Jam
Sauces & Spreads
6 tablespoons MagicalButter
- 1½ pounds bacon sliced
- 2 tablespoons clarified bacon fat
- 1 onion diced
- 4 large garlic gloves crushed and chopped
- 4 Fresno chili peppers diced
- 2 red bell peppers diced ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup sherry wine vinegar or apple cider
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- In a large sauté pan on medium-high heat fry the bacon until it’s crispy. Then place the bacon on paper towels and discard all but 2 tablespoons of the bacon fat.
- Add the butter and bacon fat to the pan and heat for 45-60 seconds.
- Add the peppers and onion to the pan along with the salt and pepper and sauté for 5 minutes. Then reduce the heat to medium-low and cook another 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic and sauté another 2 minutes stirring constantly.
- Place all the ingredients inside your MagicalButter machine and secure the lid.
- Press the Blend/Clean button and listen for 1 short blending burst. (This mini-cycle prepares your sauce to cook evenly.)
- Then press the Temperature button and select 160°F; then press the 1 Hour/Oil button.
- When the cycle is finished your Red Pepper Bacon Jam is ready to enjoy!