Bread and Butter Pickles
Small Bites & Appetizers
- Cut cucumbers into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Sterilize jars lids and bands for 10 minutes in simmering water.
- Tightly pack cucumbers and onion slices in the jar fill completely.
- In a large saucepan combine sugar and vinegar. Cook stirring frequently over low heat until sugar dissolves.
- Add canning & pickling salt turmeric celery seed and mustard seed. Stir until well blended.
- Pour just enough vinegar mixture into the jar to completely cover the cucumber and onion pieces.
- Seal jars with lids and bands.
- Refrigerate at least 24 hours and unto 6 months. Enjoy!