Mozzarella Mushroom Caps
Small Bites & Appetizers
- 8 ounces balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup organic brown sugar
View MB2e MagicalButter Machine
½ cup Magical Olive Oil
- 4 large portobello mushroom caps
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese shredded or cubed
- 2 ounces Parmesan cheese grated
- 3 large fresh basil leaves chopped
- 2 ounces cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 cloves garlic smashed
- ¼ cup fresh chives chopped
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- In a medium-sized saucepan on medium-low heat slowly cook the vinegar and brown sugar until reduced by about 75 percent becoming a glaze.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons of the balsamic glaze over your Mozzarella Caprese Mushrooms serve and enjoy!
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Place the portobello caps stem side down on a baking sheet (lined with a MagicalButter baking mat if available). Drizzle them generously with Magical Olive Oil; flip; and repeat with the reverse side of the caps.
- Fill the inverted caps with mozzarella tomato halves chives Parmesan garlic and basil. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake on the center oven rack for 10 minutes.