Green Goddess Gazpacho
Soups & Salads
6 ounces/175 ml
- ½ cup/120 ml MagicalButter Coconut Oil
- 2 large cucumbers peeled seeded coarsely chopped; then split 90/10 (into portions of about 3¼ cup/770 ml and ¼ cup/60 ml the smaller amount finely diced and set aside for garnish)
- ½ cup/120 ml seedless watermelon or cantaloupe diced
- ½ cup/120 ml assorted fresh herbs loosely packed (I use basil chives mint cilantro and Italian parsley coarsely chopped plus ¼ cup/60 ml finely chopped for garnish)
- 2 scallions coarsely chopped (white and green parts)
- 1 piece (½ inch/1 cm) fresh ginger root finely chopped
- 1 large clove garlic coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup/60 ml plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon/5 ml kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon/2½ ml freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon/2½ ml jalapeño hot sauce
- In a small bowl stir together crab or shrimp ¼ cup/60 ml of chopped cucumber ¼ cup/60 ml of herbs and salt. Set it in the refrigerator for your garnish.
- Place the remaining chopped cucumber scallions herbs ginger garlic oil salt pepper hot sauce and yogurt into your MagicalButter machine and secure the head.
- Press the Temperature button and select No Heat; then press the 1 Hour/Oil button.
- When the cycle is completed transfer the soup into a large airtight container and refrigerate it for 1-4 hours.
- Introduce the watermelon or cantaloupe into the soup. Hello!
- Divide your Green Goddess Gazpacho evenly among 4 chilled bowls. Top each with a dollop of crab/shrimp mixture finish with a flourish of diced cucumber garnish and enjoy!