Bread and Butter Pickles
- Skill Level: Easy
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 5 Minutes
- Chill Time: 24+ Hours
- Serving Size: 6 Slices
- Yield: 1 Pint Jar
- 1 Dozen Pickling Cucumbers
- 1 Vidalia (or Sweet) Onion
- 1 1/3 Cups Sugar
- 1 1/3 Cups Magical Apple Cider Vinegar
- 5 TBSP Canning & Pickling Salt
- 2/3 tsp Ground Turmeric
- 2/3 tsp Celery Seed
- 2/3 tsp Mustard Seed
- Cut cucumbers into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Sterilize jars, lids, and bands for 10 minutes in simmering water.
- Tightly pack cucumbers and onion slices in the jar, fill completely.
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and vinegar. Cook, stirring frequently over low heat until sugar dissolves.
- Add canning & pickling salt, turmeric, celery seed and mustard seed. Stir until well blended.
- Pour just enough vinegar mixture into the jar to completely cover the cucumber and onion pieces.
- Seal jars with lids and bands.
- Refrigerate at least 24 hours and unto 6 months. Enjoy!