Green Goddess Gazpacho
- Skill Level: Easy
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Chill Time: 1-4 hours
- Serving Size: 6 ounces/175 ml
- Yield: about 5 cups/1185 ml
- ½ cup/120 ml MagicalButter Coconut Oil
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled, seeded, coarsely chopped; then split 90/10 (into portions of about 3¼ cup/770 ml and ¼ cup/60 ml, the smaller amount finely diced and set aside for garnish)
- ½ cup/120 ml seedless watermelon or cantaloupe, diced
- ½ cup/120 ml assorted fresh herbs, loosely packed (I use basil, chives, mint, cilantro, and Italian parsley coarsely chopped, plus ¼ cup/60 ml finely chopped for garnish)
- 2 scallions, coarsely chopped (white and green parts)
- 1 piece (½ inch/1 cm) fresh ginger root, finely chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup/60 ml plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon/5 ml kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon/2½ ml freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon/2½ ml jalapeño hot sauce
- In a small bowl, stir together crab or shrimp, ¼ cup/60 ml of chopped cucumber, ¼ cup/60 ml of herbs, and salt. Set it in the refrigerator for your garnish.
- Place the remaining chopped cucumber, scallions, herbs, ginger, garlic, oil, salt, pepper, hot sauce, and yogurt into your MagicalButter machine, and secure the head.
- Press the Temperature button, and select No Heat; then press the 1 Hour/Oil button.
- When the cycle is completed, transfer the soup into a large, airtight container, and refrigerate it for 1-4 hours.
- Introduce the watermelon or cantaloupe into the soup. Hello!
- Divide your Green Goddess Gazpacho evenly among 4 chilled bowls. Top each with a dollop of crab/shrimp mixture, finish with a flourish of diced cucumber garnish, and enjoy!