Maple Bacon Bourbon Butter Sauce
- Skill Level: Easy
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Chill Time: No chill time
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons/30 ml
- Yield: 2 cups/480 ml
- 6 tablespoons/90 ml MagicalButter
- 12 ounces/360 ml pure dark amber maple syrup
- 10 strips bacon, sliced crosswise into ¼ inch wide strips
- 3 ounces/90 ml Maker’s Mark bourbon
- 2 tablespoons/30 ml organic cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon/15 ml vanilla paste
- In a large sauté pan on medium heat, cook the bacon until halfway done, about 5 minutes.
- Drain the bacon on paper towels to remove excess grease, discard the fat from the pan, and return the meat to heat.
- Add butter, and cook until the bacon is crispy; then add sugar and vanilla paste, and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add 2 ounces/60 ml of bourbon, and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add maple syrup, and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Stir in the remainder of the bourbon, remove from heat, and decant into a syrup pitcher or serving dish.
Maple Bacon Bourbon Butter Sauce is indescribably scrumptious on top of Belgian waffles, pancakes, your favorite ice cream…even shoe leather will taste great with this sauce! We prefer waffles, though.