- Skill Level: Easy
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: About 20 Minutes
- Chill Time: 1-3 Hours
- Serving Size: 1 Caramel
- Yield: 50 Caramels
- ½ cup/120 ml MagicalButter
- 1 cup/240 ml sugar
- ½ cup/120 ml pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds, toasted
- ½ cup/120 ml brown sugar
- 4 ounces/120 ml heavy cream
- ¼ cup/60 ml roasted pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup/60 ml dark corn syrup
- ¼ cup/60 ml pure organic maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon/15 ml pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon/5 ml pumpkin spice
- 1 teaspoon/5 ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon/2½ ml pink Himalayan salt
- Hard candy molds
- Candy thermometer
- In a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan set to medium, heat all ingredients except the vanilla extract and pumpkin spice. Stir mixture for 2 minutes.
- Insert the candy thermometer, and heat the mixture to 250-270ºF/120-130°C, depending on the desired firmness of your candy (lower heat will render more firmness).
- Once the caramel has reached the desired temperature, add the vanilla, whisk for 5 seconds, and pour it into a glass measuring cup.
- Transfer the caramel into buttered or oiled silicone molds.
- Chill your Pumpkin Caramels for 1-3 hours in the refrigerator, and enjoy!