Red Velvet Cupcakes w/ Cream Cheese Frosting
- Skill Level: Easy
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Chill Time:
- Serving Size: 1 cupcake
- Yield: about 25 cupcakes
- ⅓ cup Magical Coconut Oil
- 1 package (18¼ ounces) white cake mix
- 1 package (3½ ounces chocolate pudding mix, non-instant
- 1¼ cups buttermilk or whole milk
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate juice
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup (1 stick) unsalted MagicalButter, room temperature
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 pound cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 325°F.
- Place all the ingredients into a bowl, and mix thoroughly.
- Pour the mix into your buttered cupcake pan, filling the cups ¾ full, and place into your preheated oven.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until you can insert a toothpick into the center and it comes out clean.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and butter until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the vanilla and powdered sugar, and beat until the mixture is again smooth.
- Put the frosting into a piping bag, and top the cooled cupcakes.
- Arrange raspberries and blueberries atop the frosting, pressing lightly to adhere them.
- For an extra creamy delight: Insert the tip of your piping bag into the center of your Red Velvet Cupcakes from the top, fill them with Cream Cheese Frosting before topping, and enjoy!