10 Edible Pairings for Halloween Movie Watching
October is the perfect time to curl up with your favorite scary movies. And what goes better with a movie marathon than some fun, festive edible treats?
Here are some great ideas for infused treats that will make your movie marathon even more enjoyable:
Halloween is the perfect time to break out your favorite scary movies and indulge in some delicious treats. And what goes better with a scary movie than a big bowl of chocolate?
Here are some fun ideas for chocolate-themed snacks to enjoy while you watch your favorite Halloween movies:
Whatever your favorite chocolate treat is, make sure to have plenty on hand for your Halloween movie marathon!
9. Peanut Butter Cups
What could be more comforting than a big bowl of popcorn and a classic peanut butter cup?
This combination is ideal for movie night, whether you're watching a scary flick or a comedy. The saltiness of the popcorn will offset the sweetness of the candy, and the peanut butter will add a creamy richness that will take your experience to the next level.
If you want to get really creative, you can even make your own peanut butter cups using this recipe. Or, if you're feeling lazy, just pick up a bag of pre-made ones from your local grocery store. Either way, you're in for a delicious treat!
8. Monster Munch Trail Mix
This tasty treat is easy to make and only requires a few ingredients.
Just add your favorite snacks to a baking sheet and cover with melted chocolate. Let it firm up and you’ll have a great infused treat for movie night!
7. Apple Pie Pockets
This handheld apple pie is the perfect cozy food to enjoy while watching your favorite Halloween movies. The sweetness of the apples pair perfectly with the spooky and suspenseful vibes of most Halloween films.
Here are some of our favorite apple pies to enjoy while watching Halloween movies:
- Classic Apple Pie Pockets – Make this recipe as is! This timeless recipe is perfect for any occasion, but it is especially good for enjoying while watching classic horror films like Psycho or The Shining.
- Spiced Apple Pie – This recipe features a mixture of sweet and savory spices that will enhance any Halloween movie viewing experience. Just add 1 tablespoon ground cardamom, 1 tablespoon ground ginger, ¼ teaspoon ground cloves, and ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg to this recipe. Try it with films like Hocus Pocus or The Addams Family.
- Caramel Apple Pie – If you want something a little bit different, dip your apple pie pockets in this INFUSED caramel dip! It pairs well with movies like Beetlejuice or The Nightmare Before Christmas.
If you’re looking for the perfect cookie to enjoy with your next horror movie marathon, try one of these recipes:
- Chocolate chip cookies: These classic cookies are always a good choice. They’re easy to make and they go well with just about any movie.
- Peanut Butter Cookies: Peanut butter cookies are rich and flavorful. They’re perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth.
- Oatmeal Cookies: Oatmeal cookies are hearty and filling. They’re perfect for munching on during a long movie.
One of the best things about pizza is that it can be enjoyed in so many ways. And there are endless possibilities when it comes to toppings.
Make an Infused Pizza Sauce then customize your toppings for whatever movie you choose! Here are some of our favorite combinations:
- Ghostbusters: Slimer Slice Pizza with green peppers and onions
- Hocus Pocus: Binx Pizza with extra cheese, pepperoni and a garlic-butter crust
- The Addams Family: Wednesday's Webbed-Toes Pizza with spider-olives and pepperoni
4. Rice Krispie Treats
If you're looking for something a little different than the usual popcorn and candy, try making some rice krispie treats!
Rice krispie treats are a classic snack that can be easily made at home. All you need is your favorite cereal, butter, marshmallows, and a little bit of creativity.
There are countless ways to decorate your rice krispie treats for Halloween. You can use chocolate chips to make spider webs, M&M's to make monsters, or even Oreos to make tombstones.
Get creative and have fun with it! Your rice krispie treats will be the perfect addition to your Halloween movie marathon.
3. Hummus and Pita Chips
If you're looking for something healthy and delicious, try infused hummus and pita chips. This classic Mediterranean dish is packed with protein and fiber, making it the perfect snack to keep you full during a movie. Plus, the creamy texture of the hummus pairs perfectly with the crispy pita chips.
2. Chips and Dips
Chips and dip are a classic snack that can be enjoyed at any time of year. But it’s especially delicious when paired with your favorite Halloween movies.
There are so many different types of chips and dips to choose from. You can go for a classic dip like Spinach and Artichoke, or try something more adventurous like Bacon Jalapeno Popper Dip or Nacho Cheese Dip.
No matter what you choose, you can’t go wrong with this classic snack. So settle in for a spooky movie marathon!
Halloween is the perfect time to curl up with a good horror movie – and a big bowl of popcorn. But why settle for plain old popcorn when you can mix things up a bit?
Here are some fun ideas for flavored popcorns to pair with your favorite Halloween movies:
- For a suspenseful thriller like The Silence of the Lambs, go for something unexpected like chocolate and chili.
- For a classic horror movie like Psycho, try a savory flavor like Garlic, Parmesan and herb.
- If you’re watching a spooky comedy like Beetlejuice, munch on some “ghost” popcorn. For this recipe, simply coat popped popcorn with white chocolate and let it harden. Then, use a black edible marker to draw ghost faces on the ghosts!
No matter what movie you’re watching, there’s a flavor of popcorn that will make it even better. So get creative and enjoy your Halloween cinematic experience!